Would you like to have a Buddy Family when you arrive in Wageningen? A buddy family consists of 8-10 other internationals and 2-3 Buddy Mentors. It is a great way to meet new people and have a nice group of international friends to explore Wageningen with! You can already sign up for the buddy program before you arrive, to be assigned a buddy family when you get here! But to participate in the Buddy activities for the whole year, you need to get the ESN membership.
If you are here for your Internship or starting your Master you can also join!
As the buddy program is part of ESN Wageningen we encourage you to become a member (you will receive discounts on the ESN (buddy) activities and our local and international partners!) for only 10 euros per year.
If you will join the Summer AID:
- You can continue with your AID family as a Buddy Family if your AID Mentors will become Buddy Mentors. Ask your mentors about it! The mentors can then sign up the whole group and you will be contacted by the Integration Coordinator.
- When your AID Mentors do not want to become Buddy Mentors, you can get new Buddy Mentors. Send an email to email@example.com about it if this is the case!
- If you do not want to continue with your group for some reason, you can get placed into a new Buddy Family. Again, send the Integration Coordinator an email about this, and we will take care of it!
If you will not join the Summer AID:
You will be placed in a Buddy Family when you fill in the form on the bottom of this page!
The benefits of the Buddy Program:
- You will make a lot of new friends from all over the world
- You’ll have mentors to ask all your questions
- It will help to easily integrate in the Wageningen student life
- Your Buddy Family will get support from ESN through exclusive activities and challenges!
- You will be part of a network of other Buddy Families through Wageningen